Social media volunteer(s) needed!
10 February 2015
We are looking for one or two volunteers who can help us make sure our Twitter account is always active.
You need to have;
- Some experience of working or volunteering in a NGO or in a team
- General understanding of immigration detention in the UK (you don’t need to be an expert!)
- Experience of Internet-based research to find information
- Experience of using Twitter
- Demonstrable ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Access to a computer and Internet connection
The Detention Forum currently has one part-time freelance worker and two part-time volunteers. They all mostly work from home and communicate each other via Skype. Due to our limited resources (and time), the only tools of communication we have with the outside world are emails, our website and Twitter.
We are looking for one or two friendly team mates who can have fun with us in keeping the Detention Forum active and, also keep each other entertained.
We would like the volunteers to be available at least one day a week (which can be split into two half days) for at least three months.
If you are interested, please send your (simple) CV, a covering letter addressing the above points and details of your Twitter account to email@example.com by 20th February 2015. We will contact those who are shortlisted. We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for reading this post.