THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY BOOKED. WE HAVE NO MORE TICKETS AVAILABLE.
#Time4aTimeLimit Strategy Day, 20th February 2015, 11am to 4:30pm
Amnesty International, 25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA
PROGRAMME – HERE
The Detention Forum members have been campaigning for a time limit on immigration detention together since 2012. Strategy Day is for the Detention Forum members and other groups campaigning to end indefinite detention of migrants in the UK to network, share intelligence and good practice to make #Time4aTimeLimit reality.
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE
On the day, we will cover the following topics;
- Quick review of progress so far
- Looking ahead – the General Election and the report of the parliamentary inquiry into immigration detention
- Steps we want to take to make sure indefinite detention ends
- Showcasing the actions taking place across the UK
- How will we communicate indefinite detention – social media and tips
We will also have short practical sessions that help groups to improve their campaigning skills.
We hope to end the day with each of us pledging to take three small actions to end indefinite detention in the UK.
We will send out the final programme nearer the day. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not able to join us on 20 Feb, but want to share information about actions you are taking, please get in touch with us too.
The hashtag for the event is #Time4aTimeLimit
Practical information –
- Unfortunately, we don’t have enough funding to be able to offer lunch, so please bring your own food. We will provide tea and coffee.
- We are very sorry but we are not able to pay for your travel expenses.
- There is also going to be an informal social event in the evening at the same venue. More information is available here